Healthy Cooking Community
Easter Dinner

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Easter Dinner

Was wondering if Ham is still the best Easter meat to have and what will go with it that's tasty yet healthy, also need ideas for gravy and how you make it , i usually get a packet ...LOl
Anita and I love baked ham, as do our kitties (they get no more than a teaspoonful as a once in awhile treat).

I will bake a bone-in ham like I learned from my mom and paternal grandma...pineapple slices pinned evenly to the surface of the ham with cloves (8 per pineapple ring) with a cherry in the center of each ring (pinned with a toothpick).

We always have honeyed yams, sweet corn, baked beans and fresh bread with lots of butter as sides.

A once in awhile feast need not be made to "health maven" guidelines.

Even though Anita and I are not Christian, we do celebrate the coming of Spring when the Promise of New Life is showing.

...Gravy?  For each cup of pan drippings, stir in 2 T of corn starch dissolved in 1/2 c water.  Bring to a boil and keep on the heat until the gravy is as thick as you like.

Sounds great Pip..I think I will copy you I agree treats are good I get sick of Turkey its one of those meats we seem to eat all year round, so Ham is a treat in our house I will try the 'real 'gravy this year not a packet.