Healthy Cooking Community
Looking for some dessert made with Tofu
About This Community:

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Looking for some dessert made with Tofu

Hy everyone I'm new in your site and someone told me to go in this site to look for recipes since I have IBS-C,I'm looking for dessert like cookies made with tofu is there anyone that's out there are willing to help me Please Thank's pogo514
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
559223_tn?1216413326
I'm not aware of tofu cookies, but I have celiac disease so I don't eat anything containing gluten.

I don't know what your restrictions are exactly, but I have a great simple recipe for peanut butter cookies.

2 cups PB
2 eggs
2 Cups sugar or splenda.
Mix well
Make balls, drop onto cookie sheet, press with fork and bake at 350 for 8 mins.

These are the softest chewiest cookies ever!
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
I don't have a recipe for tofu cookies but I do have one for tofu cheesecake if you're interested. I got it out of the McDougall Program book. It's:

Tofu Cheesecake
The longer the cheesecake chills, the richer it will taste and the firmer it will be.
servings: 8-10
preparation time: 45 minutes plus at least one hour chilling time
cooking time: none

Crust:
2 cups Grape-nuts cereal or oil-free granola                1/3 cup frozen apple juice
                                                                               concentrate, thawed

Filling:
2 16 ounce tubs firm tofu                                           1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup honey                                                           1/4 teaspoon cinnamon  
                                                                                (optional)

Topping:
fresh or frozen fruit of your choice, sliced
or 1 10 ounce jar no-sugar pure fruit preserves

Process the Grape-nuts or granola in a blender briefly to crush. Place in a bowl. Add the apple juice concentrate and mix well. Press into a 9-inch pie plate and set aside. Combine the tofu and honey and mix well. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and beat until fluffy with an electric beater. Spoon into the crust and smooth out the top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, arrange the fruit over the top of the cheesecake.
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
Here's a couple of more recipes with tofu. I got these from the McDougall book too.

Tofu Fruit Pudding
A beautiful pink creamy pudding!
servings: 4
preparation time: 10 minutes plus at least one hour chilling time

12 pound firm tofu                                                      1 cup frozen fruit (raspberries,
3 tablespoons honey                                                  strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. Pour into a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour before serving.

Carob Pudding
servings: 6-8
preparation time: 10 minutes plus at least one hour chilling time

1 pound firm tofu                                                    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large banana, peeled                                            dash cinnamon
1/3 cup honey                                                         dash nutmeg
2 tablespoons unsweetened carob
powder

Break the tofu into small pieces and set aside. Break up the banana and place into a blender or food processor. Add the honey and process briefly. Add the tofu, piece by  piece, processing in between. If the mixture is too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is of pudding consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Pour into a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour before serving.            

Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
I've never made any of these, but here are some recipes.  Is it really tofu you are looking for, or simply soy cookie recipes?
Anyway, here's some tofu cookies.  Can't vouch for the calories or fat content, some look very high in both.

http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/cookies/18/rec1802.html

http://sundaynitedinner.com/tofu-chocolate-chip-cookies/

http://www.knowingfood.com/soya/soycookie.html
Blank
You can take a glance at www.thesaladsite.com and www.allthemeat.com those site's recipes are easy to follow and they offer videos and helpful information for you to learn cooking easily. Have fun!!
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
LOL they may have fun if they are still around this thread is 4 years old ...still lthanks for the link ..
Blank
506791_tn?1350343103
..am restraining from making a negative comment about tofu and it's alien nature to folks of non-Chinese descent.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Healthy Cooking Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...