Shellfish Allergy
I keep forgetting that I have a sensitivity to shrimp and have noticed that each time I eat it that I get more uncomfortable than the last.  I had some a couple of weeks ago and the itchiness and hives were awful.  I consciously realized I needed to avoid this.  

Tonight I made the Cioppino which has mussels in it and am reacting quite badly to it.  I now realize I have a shellfish allergy and am quite upset.  I love shellfish!!  So unfair!  Does anyone know if this gets progressively worse with each ingestion?  I would like to know if I will just get the itchies and be prepared with some benadryl for instances when I choose to imbibe or if I should just avoid since this will get worse.

Sorry this isn't really about healthy cooking but it is a result of it!
Shellfish allergies are the pits!

I strongly suggest that you totally stay away from ALL shellfish. Chances are that your symptoms will only worsen each time you ingest shellfish.

My son is the same way. He was told not to eat any shellfish and was given an Epinephrine pin to use in case of an emergency. Well, kids (actually, he's 27), think they are invinceable and he ate shrimp and had the most severe allergic reaction ever. If his girlfriend hadn't been there to administer the injection he more than likely wouldn't be here today.

PLEASE don't take this lightly!
I'm not sure if they get worse with each ingestion.  My husband is allergic to shellfish, but he doesn't break out in hives.  His throat closes up, so he obviously can't eat it at all.  I just asked him if his got worse each time he tried it years ago, but he said he never really let it get that far.  He knew pretty quickly that he couldn't eat it.  

If I were you, I would avoid it.  I know how hard that must be.  I also love shellfish and can't imagine not being able to eat it. I only get to eat it when we go out to dinner, or if he is out of town I will cook it.  Sometimes even the steam from shellfish can cause my husband to react.   Since you react the way you do, then obviously your body doesn't like it.
The last you want is to have an anaphylactic attack!
I'm so sorry that you have a shellfish allergy. I don't know what I would do if I had that, but safety first (no more shellfish for you!).

But, since I nearly killed you with my cioppino recipe, I'll give you my bouillabaise recipe, which in my opinion is even better. You can leave out the shellfish and it'll still taste good. Hope that makes it a little better.
I am honoured SK!
How did I miss this???

Yes, each exposure COULD be worse.  Are you sure it was the shellfish, though?  Was there anything else in it you could have reacted to?
It was SK's ciopinno recipe.  I have reacted somewhat to shrimp in the past so assumed it was the mussels.  I eat the tomatoes, garlic, onion and red wine very often and ate fennel last week without any issue.  The other parts were mussels and clam juice.
Yes, it was probably the mussels then.  D@mn.  I'd kill myself.  I love shellfish of all kinds.

Yep, and hubby needs to eat gluten free.  It s&cks to be me right now...