Welcome to the Healthy Cooking Community!
Hi there!

As many of you know, I'm Peekawho--CL of the Healthy Cooking Community and the Dieting Community.   I'd like to take a moment to let you know a couple of my thoughts on using this Community to its best advantage.

Healthy cooking is so important to all of us--not only for dieting or weight loss, but for our health in general.  We can't fuel our bodies with non nutritious foods and expect it to run at its top form.  Healthy cooking doesn't have to be boring or tasteless!  It can be fun to experiment with foods you've never tried, and you  may even end up enjoying the results.

I'd like to see all the recipes here reflect some form of a healthier focus on foods or preparation.  If you have a delicious recipe that is decidedly NOT healthy, it would be better placed in your journal than here.  Its wonderful to have a treat every now and then, but that's not the primary focus of this community.  

Please feel free to post cooking techniques that you might have discovered even if they are not a "recipe" per se.  

Take a gander at other communities such as Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and Fitness for other ideas.  Healthy living starts with healthy fuel!  Happy cooking!
here you are! OK...what about frozen dinners? Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi?  I add fresh &or frozen veggies to mine if appetite permits, but how bad is that processed tidbits of chicken for me & is that "Italian Bread  made with the goodness of whole grain" a B. S. story or what?  I am very fond of nuking my food in under 5 minutes, the quicker the better, and as I am cooking for myself (Bubba cooks for himself) I only have myself to please.
healthy cooking is great. I enjoy cooking thorughly and was taught by a great asian chef. He taught me a variety of cooking styles that included healthy ways to keep a great diet
Hey peek.. i just found out this forum existed.  I was looking in all the wrong places...

I'm really excited to start looking through all the ideas and start trying some of them out...  
hi, peekawho, im enjoying reading this forum, i have even tried a pair of recipes since i joined... :) but i was wondering if you may be interested in some mediterranean recipes once in a while. Im not sure if healthy cooking means people wanting to lose weight or something like this. most of the mediterranean recipes are quite healthy but they are not meant to lose weight in a proper way of speaking..
I would like to see some of your mediterranean dishes. I am usually very good at
"slimming " up any recipe.
Glad I found this forum...I have seemed to have over-looked it. I am quite interested in Healthy cooking.  Especially since I have had my gallbladder removed on March 31st and trying to eat really healthy and low fat!  

Can't wait to try some of the recipes and hopefully share some of mine.
Just wanted to post here and say thanks for this forum! I'm going to see if I can find some recipes that utilize the healthier foods I'm now into, and possibly contribute some of my own recipes. Excellent!
These are dips I make which are much healthier than shop bought ones and can be as spicy as you like (or not!) Serve with nachos, chicken onion peppers and tortillas for fajitas or as a dip for potato wedges or the like.
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2200618
Today we are living in a generation where everyone is concern of their health and fitness. A healthy diet is capable of improving and maintaining maximum health and fitness.
I belies in eating healthy food and cooking also .so this really help me to share all new healthy stuff.
Glad I found this forum - thanks for everyone's help & support!
Yes you are right. Healthy cooking is the most important for our life.we can avoid so many problems by eating a healthy food and fruits.
Ok, I'm being dense... Where can I click on the recipes?
Thanks!
Hi, My name is Ruben and I am new to the group.  I love to cook and I am currently on a Very Low Calorie Diet.  I have posted pic's on my Profile Page of some of the meals.  I hope I can be of assistance to the group.  
Hey call me a little slow. Where do I find recipes?
I just noticed that some of you are having trouble finding the recipes. Just click on the "archives" link on the bottom of the main page and you'll get a list that includes "recipes" and 'peekawho's recipes."