Healthy Cooking Community
cant control my self

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

cant control my self

when i start to eat i just cant control it, i ended up eatin more than i should, and i only control it taking pills but just for a short time, after two treatments i feel like they are not working anymore so i winn weight again and double.
hi I love the pic on your profile is that your child ?I think we all do some of that , often its from boredom or frustration and we have to get tough on ourselves ..not easy and we have all been there ..I have done that eaten more than I should .I think the answer is to eat often but eat the healthy snacks, I have just eaten some veggies and a low cal dip . very tasty and very filling ..later I will eat an apple and a sliver of cheese.Its really a matter of control ..good luck
Over eating is caused by anxiety and stress. Try to fund out what is the trigger for it.
Ugh.  I do this too.  I am a 'comfort' eater-------  it brings on warm feelings to enjoy food.  Then I enjoy too much and I'm sad I did it to myself.

I do as margy says and try to have 'go to' healthy things.  I can eat as many celery sticks as I want.  I have some non salted, low fat pretzels that I nibble on when I need a snack.  I buy yogurt with fruit for a sweet treat.  I try to keep control over it all week long and then give myself a break over the weekend.  I have a free pass to eat what i want.  This works for me because I find if I can 'never' have it--------  I start to REALLY want it.  But if I know I can have it in a few days----  I can wait and it is no big deal.  I never feel deprived this way.

I do portion control during the week as I cook for my family.  (easier when you are single and you just make your own dinner .  .  .)  I serve everyone else first and take my good old time getting to the table.  I cut things in half and put them on my plate in half portions.  Then I try to just stick to that and  not get seconds.  Usually it is plenty.  I also drink water with dinner.  I do snack often but again---------  those low cal/fat things I'm allowed to have.  

good luck and dont get discouraged.  Oh, and exercise is the counter to eating--------  so if you exercise, you can eat more or eat the same and lose weight.  yeah.  
you're just like me, when i start to eat a small snack, it turns into a full blown binge and however good the food tastes while im eating it, i feel terrible afterwards!
my advice is that in the morning or whenever you have time, prepare some healthy snacks to put into your fridge or in your bag if you're going out. this is effective because if you feel hungry, you have a healthy snack ready at hand, meaning that you wont have the chance to look through the cupboards and fridge wondering what to have which is usually what starts a binge in the first place. also you wont have to prepare anything throughout the day other than your dinner/lunch or whatever, meaning that they are quick and easy snacks, just like chocolate bars, crisps and biscuits, but without all the fat, salt, calories and sugar! some suggestions could be cutting up carrots and cucumber into sticks, take some fruit or cut up lots of different fruits to add some variety eg. strawberries/melon/pineapple etc, make a salad, buy some healthy, low calorie cereal bars etc . as long as its healthy, you wont feel guilty for eating them. also you are less likely to binge afterwards because fruit and vegetables fill you up easily because they are full of fibre and they make you feel a lot better about yourself!
hope this helps!
Anita (my wife), when she was on anti-depressants, would do this.  She would be full, but not sated.  Once she got off the meds (which took over a year of weaning) she dropped both the unusual appetite and over 40 pounds in the 2 1/2 years since.

Like the other respondents wrote, there is an underlying cause, find this, fix this.

I used to knock back a full bottle of whiskey or vodka every night, until I dealt with the internal pain I was avoiding by doing this.
Oxy elite pro is the best thing I've found to curb appetite
havent heard of it ..does it suppress the appetite ?