exersize for asthma prone?
Hello! Im new here. Im 17 and trying to pull my weight down from 210. Im rather tall and just big in general so I know ill never be tiny, but I want to be more healthy.  I have asthma and back pain a lot (my mother says its because of my chestyness) and I have a hard time running because I start wheezing after only 5 minutes. So I often limit myself to a very fast paced walk/jog. I want to get rid of the fat on my stomach and the inside of my legs. Ive also tried doing situps and crunches but it hurts my back really bad and I can't do more than 30 before I have to stop. I know im doing them correctly... I just want to know if there are any other exersizes I can do to help either of those things?
If you have access to a pool, see if they have an aquarobics class.  You'll get a good workout, which has less load on your hurts.
Hi laurelflower,

I just finished reading your comments. You have asthma. So do I.
Running outside on the pavement is not good for your legs anyway.
We (my husband and I) have a tread mill. I find a tread mill helpful
because you can control the speed of the tread mill. Don't over exercise
especially as you have asthma. Take breaks in between and drink lots
of water. I think it would be advisable to talk to your family doctor.
Tell your doctor you would like to exercise more and what he or she
thinks would be most beneficial. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to discuss a new healthy food plan.  A healthy food plan combined with
moderate exercise would be good. Good luck, Evewisewoman. Eve :)
Walking is actually really good exercise. You don't have to be wheezing and out of breath to make a positive difference. Don't do ANY exercise that hurts, you could injure yourself. Swimming can be good if you have access to a pool. Also, your doctor can recommend good exercises for you.