Healthy Cooking Community
food

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

food

Does anyone have some suggestions for food when you are 40 weeks pregnant?
I remember those last few weeks of pregnancy and I actually was 10 days late with my first child-----  so was almost 42 weeks pregnant!  Ugh.  I actually could only eat and drink very little at the end.  there simply was no room and I got heartburn that was so painful.  I would eat grapes as they helped with the thirst I was having, peanut butter sandwiches for protein, etc.  But I'd say at 40 weeks pregnant, if you can eat--- eat whatever you want!  You earned it!!  

Once I had my baby, I was mindful of what I ate due to nursing.  I found acidic things like pasta red sauce kind of upset my babies tummy.  

good luck
I would say gobble away at veggies and fruits ....maybe nice low cal dip  Nutritious soups this time of year...nothing like a good olde fashioned chicken soup with a dumpling or two thrown in ...