mashed potatoes
i love mashed potatoes and ive been craving them but im trying to lose 45 lbs does anyone know a healther brand i can buy ...or have any ideas
Ugh, not really.  Mashed potatoes are the kinds of carbs that we aren't supposed to have when losing weight.  However, I believe that if we have a craving----  pick a day and go for it.  have your mashed potatoes.  Also, I have read that new potatoes are better for you.  try those.  You can mash them with skim milk and salt and pepper for a slightly better option.  good luck
A healthy alternative is using cauliflower.  You can make a healthy cauliflower mash with a tad of skim milk and chives.  The consistency is that of mashed potatoes and it will help curb your cravings.

Good luck!
Yes, I've tried this.  I used a bit of lite (less fat) cream cheese in it.  I liked it pretty well.  Worth a shot!  
There is nothing u cant eat when dieting...all in moderation. Remember...a diet is long term...its a lifestyle.
I know that recipe.. The taste is excellent.
Cut back in portion size, don't use too much milk and use potatoes not the packet crud :)
Remember, a diet is simply "what you eat"; it may be good, bad or indifferent.

I agree that there is nothing you can't eat (except the sugary junk food type things) and that almost everything is okay in moderation.
You can also add cauliflower and mash with the potatoes....there is a different taste but it is healthier
No you can eat junk food once a week, I'm on 800 calories a day plan, when I crave junk food, that day I don't have breakfast, lunch time I eat junior whopper which is 350 cal and 10 pieces only which is 160 cal and a diet 7up, dinner time only lettuce salad and I force my self to walk for 30 min... The end if the day I don't exceed my cal limit and I eat what I craved :) but u can't do it every day cause its High in Fats.
Radish taste just like potatos!! Peel them n boil... salt n pepper..
I guess it all depends on what kind of junk foods you're eating...... I wasn't considering fast food, such as a whopper Jr, as junk food; you can actually make that work for you, by making sure the sandwich has lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle, then remove the bun and eat like a salad.  

The junk foods I was referring to are candies, cookies, pastries, sodas, etc.  Those are chock full of sugar (or hydrogenated fat), which spike your blood sugar and in turn, cause insulin to spike, which stores all that sugar as fat. But we have to remember that some fats are good for us; we just have to pick the right ones.

How did you determine that you need 800 calories/day?  Skipping meals, particularly breakfast, isn't good for you.
Potatoes are great for you.   Skin & all. And very filling.  200cal in a small patato.  Boil it, smash it.  Measure out the REAL (not fake) butter, go organic if possible.   Being mindful is the key here hun.  I actually love the sweet taste of a cooked potato without anything on it.  
If you want to really love your body,  opt for that sweet potato.   Studies show a sweet potato can help regulate your blood sugar...
Some people stay away from simple carbs.  Many don't recommend potatoes.  
When i have mash potato i use half swede to potato, swede has a buttery taste so replaces the need for added fat and a splash of milk to losen.  Healthy mash (ish)! Happy experimenting