http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11152 I made this today and it was tasty. very low cal and low fat too :)
Sweet Potato Topping
* 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (1/4 lb.)
* 1/4 cup fat-free milk or plain soymilk
* 1 Tbs. nonhydrogenated margarine or butter
* 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
* 1 leek, white part thinly sliced (1 cup)
* 2 turnips, diced (1 cup)
* 1 carrot, diced (1/2 cup)
* 3 sprigs fresh thyme
* 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (2 tsp.)
* 1/4 cup white wine or water
* 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
* 3 Tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
To make Sweet Potato Topping:
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potato, cover, and boil 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and return to pot. Mash with milk, margarine, cinnamon, and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
To make Filling:
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and leek, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until leek is soft. Add turnips, carrot, thyme, and rosemary; cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until carrot begins to soften.
3. Add wine, and cook 30 seconds to deglaze pan. Stir in beans and broth. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until carrots and turnips are soft. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Remove thyme sprigs from Filling, and discard. Pour Filling into 2- or 3-qt. casserole dish. Spread Sweet Potato Topping over Filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place casserole on baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and cheese has melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
6. Frozen cooking instructions: Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover casserole, and place on baking sheet. Bake 60 to 75 minutes, or until filling bubbles and top is golden. Remove foil during last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.