Hearing Loss Expert Forum
Ear drainage without pain

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Ear drainage without pain

I am a 24 year old female. A few months ago I think I ruptured my eardrum with a qtip. It hurt for a few days but then the pain went away. I looked it up online and found out that it usually heals on its own and to see a doctor if it still hurts after a few weeks. It doesn't hurt and I have not had any hearing loss, but it still has weird puss drainage at night. Sometimes it all comes out, sometimes it crusts in my ear. It really doesnt hurt at all, I'm just confused and not sure what to do.
Thank you for using this forum.  I would advise you to seek medical attention for your ear drainage.  If possible you would want to see an otologist (Ear, Nose & Throat physician) because they specialize in diseases of the ear.  Although you are not having pain, you want to make sure your ear heals properly to prevent future damage that could be irreversable.

Thank you,

Rachele M. Orsini, Au.D