Hearing Loss Expert Forum
Ear slapped
About This Forum:

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ear slapped

Over the past week i've had abit of a cold/Nasty cough but no form of slight hearing loss. I was blowing my nose(maybe too hard) and it popped my ears to the point where i thought i was completely deaf. Later that night i still had popped ears but then my girlfriend by accident hit me across the ear with the back of her hand and it made a loud ringing sound and slight dizzyness but not painful. It ringed for about 30 seconds. After about 2 hours i still had popped ears, barely hear anything out of either ear so i thought i'd sleep on it and hopefully that'll do the trick.

I woke up this morning and i can hear alot more out of my right ear then i did last night but not perfect however my left ear(that was hit) i feel almost completely deaf in it and its not painful. When i talk i can barely hear myself talk let alone it sounding muffled. Have i torn my ear drum?
4442496_tn?1397096922
A torn eardrum is highly unlikely, since that would have caused excessive pain and usually bleeding.
The hearing loss you are describing may be due to your cold/congestion. A healthy eustachian tube drains fluid fom the middle ear to the back of the throat. The eustachian tube often swells and closes during a cold; creating a temporary hearing loss. A visit to an ENT is strongly recommended to diagnose and treat your symptoms. It's important to immediately treat any form of sudden hearing loss. Good Luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Request an Appointment
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank