Hearing Loss Community
Has anyone completely recovered from SSHL after no improvement in first...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone completely recovered from SSHL after no improvement in first 2 months?

I'm in the 6th week of sudden hearing loss in right ear. Most people say recovery is not possible now. Should i loose hope or not? Would love to hear a success story where recovery was after 2 months.  This will keep my hopes alive. I've had all the steroid therapy within 12 hours and even intra tympanic shots. All combined more that 50 shots in blood and middle ear but remained unlucky

Fahed
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1740498_tn?1328966185
Hello and welcome to the Hearing Loss Community. We do have success stories here from people who were on your timeline. With this length of time, it may be a partial recovery. Keep hope alive, but also consider your options in case your luck does not improve. Keep us posted!

BC
Blank
thanks for your reply.  I'm being told that there are no further options available.  Doctors say that cochlear implant is not for people with one perfect ear while BAHA will also not help in your case since it would generate more disturbing noises so you have to learn to live with this condition. I can compromise with hearing from one ear but the constant loud noise (tinitus) in the ear cannot be borne forever . I'm 43 and get really depressed with the thought of dealing with this misery for the rest of my life. The nosie is like a siren constantly blowing along with feeling of fullness in the ear.  

Regards/Fahed  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank