Hearing Loss Community
Hearing Aide and Tullio's Phenomenon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Hearing Aide and Tullio's Phenomenon

I have been diagnosed with Tullio Phenomenon.  This was found during an audiology exam and testing was stopped as I become dizzy and felt as though I would fall off my chair.  My doctor does not know why I have developed this problem.  I have been told the treatment would be worse and since I am functioning well it's best to leave it alone.  I have only one serviceable ear (I am deaf in the other) that shows mild hearing loss in the high end.  The audiologist was unable to continue with the low-end tones as it was that tone that set me off, so I do not know if I have hearing loss in the low-end.  It was recommended I try a Cros hearing device to help me with my hearing loss.  In order to try this device I would have to put down a considerable amount of money that I would not recoup if the Cros didn't work.  My question is since I have sound induced vertigo would I be able to tolerate this device?  I don't want to spend money needlessly here.  Sure would be nice to talk with others suffering from the same.  My symptoms seem to have increased in the last few weeks (I flew a few weeks ago) and wonder if flying could create a bigger problem?  Thanks.