Hearing aide help
I wear conventional hearing aids, but find they are not helpful when I am a member of an audience, at the theatre, lecture  classroom etc.  There are some devices which amplify over a distance, but so many, it is difficult to know which may be most effective.  ANy recommendations?
Hi Ann,

Welcome to the Hearing Loss forum!

You might want to check into FM systems. They can work with your hearing aids using a neck loop or plug-ins to your hearing aids. Phonak and Oticon are major manufacturers. You can google them to check out their websites or give them a call.

Also speak with your audiologist. Your audiologist will need to order the system. Warning--FM systems are expensive.

You can also try switching to telecoil in auditoriums and theaters, just in case they have an induction loop system. Those are common in the UK but unfortunately not in the US.

BC