Labrythintitis/Vertigo/Treatments?
Hello, I'm 36 years old - good health and had sudden onset vertigo/slight hearing loss/pressure in one ear.  I went to the doctor immediately and was given prednisone (steroid). The vertigo has gone away almost completely but, the hearing loss has remained.  I had a MRI check  and several blood tests that checked out completely normal. The doctor suggested I have Labrythintitis.  It has been almost 4 weeks and the hearing is still about 75%.  I can hear but, it feel like I have pressure in my ear and as though the right ear only.  I also hear slight ringing at times including small clicking noises randomly.  I have a 3rd follow up appointment w/ my ENT on Thursday.  The 2 hearing tests at this point show loss of low frequency and voices sound high pitched in the right ear.

Should I be going to a specialist?  I suggested that I had water in my inner ear but, the doctor will not agree.  Friends have suggested candling and Aestpro - a steroid type nasal spray.  I've also taken Zyrtec D and it seems to help but, hasn't fixed the problem.  

Help! any suggestions?
I tried candling and it did nothing.  I also had hearing loss a few years ago and the doctor put me on Singular - it eventually cleared up.  Perhaps I need Singular again this time?
Don't listen to your friends (ear candling can be dangerous and doesn't do anything). Listen to your doctor. Prednisone and MRI sound like the right steps, so your doctor probably knows what she/he is doing. Ask your doctor about any other things you might try. Good luck.
About 6 years ago at the age of 42 I started to lose my hearing. I was told it was most likely from having bacterial menigettis when I was 34. Prier to the hearing loss I noticed I was getting a bit dizzy when I layed down. My GP gave me some exercises for this that did help. However I was having pressure pain, watery eye, ringing,clicking,and popping all on the right side of my head.  double vision either way I looked from side to side. For the past 6 years I have had about 3 MRI's, 1 cat scan nothing shows up. I have started to now lose my balance at times. My hearing had gotten worse and I am on my 2nd pair of hearing aids.
On Oct 31 2010 I was chatting with family, in my right ear I heard loud noises (really lound) and suddenly all the hearing was gone. I went back to my ENT he gave me stroids to try, didn't work also ordered anothr MRI. Had that lst week. The tech was having a hard time getting good pic. She said the filings in my mouth where causing problems. But said she did the best she could. I have seen an eye dr. for the blurred vision. Everything behind the eyes are good.
The popping and clicking s getting so bad in my right ear its making me crazy. I still can't hear in that ear and have about 40% hearing in my left ear.
Since taking the stroids the presure on the right side of my head is the only thing that has stopped. I go back to my ENT next week and hopefully he can tell me now what the problem is. But has anyone had anything like this?
thanks so much!