Hearing Loss Expert Forum
Looking for hearing loss answers to 20 year old issue

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

I been looking for answers to my hearing loss that I have had for the past three months, but only have some possible ideas.  I was hoping to find if anyone has gone through similar situation and what their outcome or outlook has been.

I am 49 years old. I was born deaf  in my right ear.  I had no issues with my left ear until 20 years ago.  One day it dropped down and ringing started.  It didn't go out completely but I had distortions and wild fluctuations and at times couldn't hear much. It came back within a month, but over the years it would resurface for a week or two and come back  Last bout with it was 6 years ago and was hoping it wouldn't ever come back

I been to doctors, had MRI  and steroids injections etc to no avail. This time it started up over three months ago to where now I can barely hear without a hearing aid most days. It's never lasted this long and now I wonder if it's stuck. I'm in moderate severe range as of know. I been to ent and have appointments with more doctors next week. No one has had a answer for me on this.  I have tinnitus since then as well.

Does this sound like a progressive loss that people experience  or an auto immune disorder.  Anyone had similar issues and any good results.  I know it's just a synopsis of what I am going through. Any thoughts or suggestions for where to seek answers would be appreciated.  Thanks

Barry
The fluctuating nature of the hearing loss appears to be symptom similar of Meniere's Disease, or (as you mentioned) auto-immune disease. Your further testing at ENT is the correct path to follow. Good luck.
You have to take an good checkup of ENT as you are suffering from such issue proper doctor have to examine it.
A related discussion, fue hair transplants was started.
A related discussion, Hearloss was started.