Hearing Loss Community
Low constant hum in my head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Low constant hum in my head

I hear a low hum, like a refridgerator motor in my head, day and night.  It has become louder, and constant, compared to a month ago when it was an on and off sound and lower in intensity.  Is it just tinnitus, or could I have another problem that is serious?
It's tinnitus, but you should see an ENT to try to find the cause of it. (You may or may not find the cause.)
OMG! This noise is so frustrating. It overpowers this sound of everything. I cannot get away from it. I already wear hearing aids and the loud noise does not change with my "ears" in or out