Hearing Loss Community
Otosclerosis . ENT Surgeon in Islamabad/Rawalpindi.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

I m 47 years old and chronic patient of left ear tinnitus (constant) caused by Otosclerosis. Right ear dB level is above 50 and left ear is above 70. Dr had advised hearing aid in left ear but that too is not supportive due noise/ringing. Dr is hesitant for operation as I also have to face seasonal pollen allergy which is root cause of my problem as well as flu, sneezing etc. At present stage, I find no other way except operation and request the community if I am informed about a well reputed and experienced ENT surgeon in Islamabad/Rawalpindi who could arrest my issue and operate Otosclerosis. I am much desperate and depressed all times while at office. By profession I am a Stenographer. According to family members Pre-mature retirement is not solution and my Govt source of treatment handles the things according to own manners and categories. Thanks. Afzaal.
Hello again, Afzaal, I saw your post on this forum as well as the ear forum. (But hopefully other people will chime in with something helpful--however, don't count on it, because this hearing-loss forum is not much visited.)

I don't know whether this would help you, but there is an International Federation of Oto-rhino-laryngological Societies (IFOS) which has regional secretaries--the following page has the e-mail address of the Pakistani secretary for South and Western Asia. Perhaps you could write to this person, a Dr. Jalisi in Karachi, and ask for some advice on whom to see for your problem?

http://www.ifosworld.org/content/resource/AMGATE_7328_1_TICH_R139175346993/

The following page has a long list of other ENT societies; perhaps you might also find some contacts there:

http://www.bcm.edu/oto/othersf.html#intlorgs

Perhaps if you can deal with the allergy problem by getting allergy shots, your doctor would be willing to operate? Some ENT doctors, at least in the United States, now give allergy shots to help lessen the symptoms of inner-ear problems, but you could probably get treatment for your allergies from an allergy specialist.

Good luck,

Nancy T.
Hello Nancy. So kind of you for immedite response. I am redirecting the same words to Dr Jalisi requesting for a competent doctor in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. I will let you know if any answer received. Pray to God for your good health, prosperity and full of joys life. Good luck to u and ur family. Afzaal.
Just I have checked my mail box. E-mail sent to Dr Jalisi could not be delivered by Google due technical faults. Delivery to recepient has permanently been failed. It's my luck. Thanks, if you could redirect my words to some cooperative person. Afzaal.
Dear Afzaal--perhaps it's an outdated e-mail address, although you might try re-sending it. From Googling "dr Jalisi karachi" it appears his first initial may be "M." Perhaps you can find some contact information for him elsewhere on the Internet or else from a Karachi telephone directory?

Or perhaps you have a family (general practice) doctor that you could ask for a referral to another ENT doctor if your current one cannot help you?

Very best wishes,
Nancy T.
Dear Nancy ! I am trying to find out dr Jalisi, otherwise, try to explore someone locally and express my problem, but after eid. Now Ramadan is ending up and Eid is falling on 1st or 2nd Oct, however my commitment with internet has no leave.

Wish u all the best.
Afzaal.
Good luck, Afzaal, and happy Eid! I hope you find answers to your problems.

Nancy T.
HI!
If you have otosclerosis and want to get it operated you can do this my going to Agha khan hospital karachi, shifa hospital Islamabad NAtional Hospital/ Jinnah hopsital and sheikh zyed hospital Lahore.
I am 78.I am having tinnitus since the age of 30.I have talked to no. of doctors about the tinnitus.Dr.Hiranadani used to operate on such cases but ther was no cure for tinitus. I have tinnitus in both the ears. and now since last 15 years I am completely deaf depending on Hearing aids.As I was associated with medical profession (Representing Pharma firm for 37 yrs and having medicos as family members like my son, daughter and son-in-lae and his father,i have seriously talked about this problem. mine is genetic. However now I am used to this debility and I don't try for the treatment.Heard about chochlioplat(speilling?) It is expensive and the results are not guaranteed.I hop you find solution to your problem.Good Luck.
The above posting is meant for you.In spite of having tinnitus, constant ringing sound, I can hear through hearing aids. of course it is not as good as natural one but I can pull on with the aid in both the ears.As I am retired I so not bother to do much about this problem. You have an active life .hence you have to do your utmost to find out the solution. If I happen to find some thing for your problem i will report to you.Nancy is a good help in posting imp. imfo.Thanks
Brig(r) Dr. Bashir ENT at Hearts Intl(near PC hotel) Rawalpindi has been recommended by many and seems to be very honest and promising professional. i have not decided about the stapedotomy, but its worth consulting him. i pray for your full health and please do post your experience.
i m myself an ENT surgeon , i fully agree that birg rtd bashir is the best in ear surgery in pakistan