Hearing Loss Community
Punch to Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Punch to Ear

Iam a 43 yo epileptic female and was assaulted by being dragged to the ground by my hair, 'king hit' in the left ear, splitting the upper lobe and kicked twice just behind the left ear resulting in blacking out for a few seconds. The ambulance drivers said I was ok as I was speaking normally and understandably a bit dazed.They said I did not need to go to hospital.
3 and a half weeks later I am still in constant pain inside my ear and just infront of it as well as a 'clicking' and cannot sleep properly if at all on my left side, my balance is off and definite hearing loss and occassional dizzyness. I rang my local hospital 5 days ago and they said it is nothing to worry about and it will heal.
After that much time you would think that it would be healed.
I would suggest a second opinion, as hearing is something you don't want to mess with.