Hearing Loss Community
Putting pressure on ears and releasing it improves hearing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

I am suffering from hearing loss and tinnitus.  I went for a hearing test and was told I needed aids.
However, I can put pressure on my ears with my hands and release it and my hearing improves for a short period of time (a few seconds) Why does that improve my hearing for a while?
When you do that, you place equalize the pressure on both sides of the ear drum. At that point of time the ear drum will be at its most flexible/flacid point. If there is a slight resistance due to unequalized pressure within the middle ear cavity, the ear drum will not move efficiently. When it does not move efficiently you do not hear as well.

Around 80% of all those over 60 yrs old have some type/degree of hearing loss. It takes a person on average 7-11 years to actually gather up enough courage to do something to address their hearing loss.

Hearing aids are better than ever, post your test results if you want a second opinion.
Do the following breathing exercise everyday for upto 12 months and you will gradually start to see improvement in hearing and decrease in tinnitus.
This is the extra help the body needs to fix itself.

Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for upto 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 15 to 20 times