Ringing and dampened hearing in one ear, headaches.

I am a 23 year old male. For the last week or so, I've been experiencing trouble in my left ear. I can't exactly sure that I can pinpoint when it began. I've been experiencing tinnitus-like symptoms in both ears for quite a while now. However, it seems as though my left ear has suddenly gotten worse. I'm experiencing dampened hearing in the ear. It doesn't seem to sense the same higher pitches as my right ear does. I also have minor pain in the left side of my head, which occasionally seems to flash over to my right. I haven't participated in anything I can think that might have caused it to become worse, such as swimming or flying. I've also tried hot showers and holding my nose while blowing to no effect. Is there anything anyone can recommend?
Yes. See a doctor and get a hearing test!
hi  i am the same with tinnitus  have for many years but, in the past 4 months i am having the opposite problem  my hearing is so acute that even a breath from someone is too much to handle  how do i dampen hearing, i have tried earplugs, keeping music on low voices and the sounds are causing migrains and headaches that just dont go away i sleep when  i tip over from exahustion but am soon wakened by a squeek in floor, rumble of appliance etc.  i am so desperate - please if you know anythign to help or have this and need someoe who understands im  a click away