Steriod injection directly in ear
Has anyone one with sudden hearing loss been treated with steriod injections directly in the ear with the loss and can tell me of their experience and if it helped.  Was it painfull and did it help regaining any hearing back and the time period.  I am considering this treatment and would love hear of other's experience and if this is a good idea.  Thanks!
Never been through it but if i met a doc willing to treat ssnhl that agressively i would be happy
I think this is now a standard treatment; a lot of people with sudden hearing loss seem to be getting it if oral prednisone doesn't work. I don't know whether it's painful, but if it is, I'm sure it's very minor.

However, there are no guarantees of getting hearing back no matter what you do. Some people get it back without any treatment, some get it back with treatment, some don't get it back with treatment. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones!
I've had the shots - 3 in each ear @ 1 week intervals. They didn't hurt at all, but you have to make sure you stay laying down for at least 30 minutes afterwards. I was told I might get some pain about an hour after shot that might last 3-4 hours but never did. The shots didn't help my left ear which was totally deaf, but they did help regain some hearing in my right ear. I for one am glad I at least have a little more hearing than before. Good luck.
notme234