Hearing Loss Community
Steriod injection directly in ear
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Steriod injection directly in ear

Has anyone one with sudden hearing loss been treated with steriod injections directly in the ear with the loss and can tell me of their experience and if it helped.  Was it painfull and did it help regaining any hearing back and the time period.  I am considering this treatment and would love hear of other's experience and if this is a good idea.  Thanks!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Never been through it but if i met a doc willing to treat ssnhl that agressively i would be happy
Blank
152264_tn?1280358257
I think this is now a standard treatment; a lot of people with sudden hearing loss seem to be getting it if oral prednisone doesn't work. I don't know whether it's painful, but if it is, I'm sure it's very minor.

However, there are no guarantees of getting hearing back no matter what you do. Some people get it back without any treatment, some get it back with treatment, some don't get it back with treatment. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones!
Blank
I've had the shots - 3 in each ear @ 1 week intervals. They didn't hurt at all, but you have to make sure you stay laying down for at least 30 minutes afterwards. I was told I might get some pain about an hour after shot that might last 3-4 hours but never did. The shots didn't help my left ear which was totally deaf, but they did help regain some hearing in my right ear. I for one am glad I at least have a little more hearing than before. Good luck.
notme234
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank