Hearing Loss Expert Forum
Tinnitus is the Least of My Concerns

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Tinnitus is the Least of My Concerns

About 3 years ago I developed tinnitus, alongside a pretty subtle but noticeable cognitive impairment that impaired my thought production, and linguistics skills. I dealt with it for years until I noticed a lump behind my left testicle which was written off as a harmless Varicocele. But for the past 6 months or so, I've started to develop pain in the left side of my body (mostly arm and leg, head sometimes), frequent and very regular muscle spasms throughout my entire body; hand, tailbone, face (lips and temple), arms, legs..., intense nausea, anxiety-like attacks, and severe susceptibility to pins and needles and headrushes.

I had a CAT scan about a month ago during my first real panic attack and it yielded no results. The muscle spasms started in my right temple but now I get around 150-200 a day that last for about 4-5 seconds. I'm worried it could be the beginning of something like ALS, my cognitive impairment is getting worse, but apparantly ALS doesn't affect the brain. With the lump in my testicle I'm thinking maybe it's vascular and somehow I'm not getting enough blood and would create some kind of muscle spasms throughout my body? It feels like I'm dying, I can't go 30 minutes without something seriously affecting me. I'm 20, eat very well, don't really exercise and a few years ago I was seriously (very seriously) abusing amphetamines, and half the time I was on SSRI's (antidepressants) and a few psychadelics. The combination of SSRI's with Amphetamines makes me feel like serotonin syndrome is a possibility but I'm not sure. I feel like the tinnitus is related because the ringing spikes at periods of high stress.

The neurology forum was "full" so I posted this here as I think the link is there.
Thanks a bunch.
This is mainly a neurological problem. Tinnitus commonly gets worse with stress. Masking with music, a fan, or other noise and not being in the quiet will reduce the tinnitus. An Ear specialist can help. There is a new device Neruromonics masking that works well to reduce the tinnitus.
get tested for lyme disease. Especially with that lump on your testicle it often occurs with lyme disease in europe. Look it up as well to see if your symptoms match