Hearing Loss Community
Why am I experiencing hearing loss in my right ear?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

I already went to the doctor, and she prescribed me some drops to put in my ear. She said it would go away after a 3 days tops, but it has been almost a full week. I am gonna go to another doctor, tomorrow probably. So here is the story: I woke up one morning and everything coming through my right ear seemed quieter, like when you have water in your ear. I could hear the chewing sounds I made when I was eating, and my voice sounded like I could only hear it from the inside of my head. A few days before I had a stuffy nose, fever, and bad cough. I also had an ear ache in my LEFT ear. That all went away, and then I woke up with this problem in my RIGHT ear. There is absolutely no pain. I do hear a high pitched noise in the background that is so quiet that I usually forget about it. Okay, so do any you have any ideas on what it is? I know for a fact it is not wax build up. I am going to the doctor just wanted some input until then.
hopefully that was just a blockage related to your cold.   did your hearing come back?  this happened to me and it turned out to be sudden sensorineural hearing loss, which is permanent.