Hearing Loss Expert Forum
clicking sound in my ear when I jump run

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

I have a clicking sound in my right ear. It only happens when I run jump bounce etc. I have seen two 2 ENT doctors. I had a hearing test,too.  They said there is nothing wrong in the tiny bones in my inner ear cause I hear perfectly fine. One of the doctors said that one of the muscles in my ear is having a spasm which is triggered by jumping running  and it is because I don't get proper sleep. I usually sleep 6 hours at most.That's not something new. But, I feel like it is a mechanical sound that is triggered by up and down movement.It doesn't happen when I shake my head up and down and I don't think it has anything to do with my jaw since I don't have the clicking sound when I open my mouth,chew etc.They said the sound should disappear in couple of months but I doubt that.I've been having this for 4 months now. They also checked my throat and the opening of the Eustachian tube with something like an endoscope. They  can't see anything wrong.

I also caught a severe cold two weeks ago and I started having popping sounds in my throat when I talk. It's mostly because of mucus in my throat and I'm using Mucinex. It gets worse when I have mucus in my throat.I don't know I feel like I sometimes randomly hear pop sound from my throat or somewhere at the top of my mouth. This sound is different than the one I mentioned above, but I'm not sure if they are related. This happened after I caught cold.But it is so annoying. I can't speak more than a few minutes. Sometimes even other people can hear the sound in my throat.
Hi, it sounds like you have obtained medical attention which is the appropriate course for your symptoms.  My advice is to continue this path as your condition appears to have multiple factors that are best addressed by a physician, particularly one that specializes in the Ear, Nose and Throat.