Aa
A
A
Close
cochlear otosclerosis
Can anyone tell about this? Does stape otosclerosis progress to cochlear otosclerosis? or can cochlear otosclerosis happen alone?

A little background on me, I am 26 years old and had tinnitus for about 4 years. I think my tinnitus is caused by hearing loss. I had an MRI before with was negative and an audigram that is consistant with SNHL.  Should i get a CT?

Im pretty sure i dont have stape otosclerosis, but ive been reading up on cochlear otosclerosis.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Q 1) A: Does stape otosclerosis progress to cochlear otosclerosis: It can

Q 2) or can cochlear otosclerosis happen alone?   Not really (vague answer but suffice it to see "otoschelrosis" the disease does not behave or progress in that manner.

A little background on me, I am 26 years old and had tinnitus for about 4 years. I think my tinnitus is caused by hearing loss .  That is backwards from the reality, it is the SNHL that is probably causeing your Tinnitus. If you want proof of that, just have an OAE test done.

Q 3)  No for the CT

I am sure u do not have otoschlerosis

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am pretty sure that i dont have stape otosclerosis, but i am worried that i might have cochlear otosclerosis, or something wrong relating to my cochlear.

I had an OAE and the results showed a lot of "referred" and no pass.  It also showed alot of negatives, what ever that means.. Im not sure what to make of it...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
cochlear otosclerosis
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hearing Loss Community Resources