Hearing Loss Community
cure for tinnitus and hearing loss in 5 years or so?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

hi

I read a cure for tinnitus and hearing loss in 5 years or so! Read below link.
http://www.fox4kc.com/lifestyle/health/ … 7256.story

Also I learned from a scientist who is member of the Board of Trustees of the UK RNID that it is raising monies to do research in stem cell. Let's all help : if each of us sufferers donate just $1, with millions of us, there will be millions funding for our hearing and tinnitus and I am sure it is very possible a cure is within 5 years

See :

http://www.rnid.org.uk/howyoucanhelp/gi … ateonline/
Why are we sufferers waitin?

from : wongtanlim3 at yahoo.com
Tinnitus is not cochlear based, so I don't see how stem cell are going to help in that regard.

But who knows, maybe in 5 years those answers will be given.

AuD. ccc-a
I read the US Defense Dept is spending millions on tinnitus. Hopefully it will treat hearing loss which caused tinnitus as well

See :

http://tinnitussupport92262.yuku.com/topic/8063/t/Tinnitus-Research-Funding-for-Military-50-million.html

With so many scientists and agencies from UK (like Marcelo Rivolta and RNID), US (like Stefan Heller , NIDCD and the deep-pocketed US Dept of Defense) , EU (nano ear) , Japan (recently discovered bone marrow material can speed up recovery of sudden hearing loss), Italy (also in the hearing loss news a few years back), I think it is going to be faster rather than slower before a cure is found , at least for some types of nerve deafness.

20 years ago, hardly anyone is looking to nerve deafness and now we have so many ; it is like the 100 m race : until someone break it under 10 sec (?), the world thought it is impossible for human to run that fast and now, once everyone know it is possible, so many have made it.

I'd wager you 100000 USD that there will not be a cure found within 10 years.

But wouldn't it be great though
I believe a cure is more than 10 if the West governments still drag their feet in approving any cure.

Just look at stem cell treatment for blindness and spinal injuries. Some say the Western countries invented the cures using stem cell for blindness and spinal injuries but then get nowhere because approval for human testing is stuck in moral issues. Meanwhile thousands of patients (esp from the West) go to China and a few countries where they have  all the stem cell treatments for blindness and spinal injuries (you can google 'stem cell china' to read more) . Now US has approved and is starting stem cell tests on humans ! Which is very good because it means more safe methods of treatments.

Who's know it may happen for tinnitus and hearig loss due to nerve damage (I got both). It may just take someone to invent the cure, for some countries to surge ahead of the West and the West governments will follow suit, which will add tremendous safety methods into the treatment
The problem is Tinnitus is a result of but not due to nerve dammage.  

If it rains a tremedous amount and the dam breaks, this is a result of what?

Weak dam or too much rain?  Kind of the same thing. Folks with Tinnitis and a hearing loss have had the never severed that leads from the cochlea to the brain, but yet they still have tinnitus. This means that tinnitus is NOT a cochlear based problem.

So even if you reginerated the cochlea....  I would imagine, you would still have tinnitus.

But hey, 1 out of 2 aint bad
Any specialists who can advise on non invasive surgery for Conductive loss in both ears in Inida?
is there a cure for CHL without surgery?
It really depends on the cause of the CHL that determines the type of, and the level of invasiveness of the surgery

So I or we, can not answer your question.

Is there a cure without surgery, again it depends on what caused the CHL to begin with.

Again if it is otoschlerosis, then the answer to your question is:

Only surgery can TREAT (not cure) the CHL and eventually your hearing will go down. You really need to do some google work.