Hearing Loss Expert Forum
ear problems

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

ear problems

Hello, I went swimming a early june and few days after that my ears started to hurt real bad and it gave me terrible headaches coming and going. Then I developed strep throat week later, got rid of it. I been putting Similasan earache releif it helped a little. And now its september 2, my ears don't hurt as bad but I think I lost some of my hearing, I can't hear like I use to. Now I'm having a problem with my left eye and left nostril watering.

I apologize for not answering this sooner.  Based on your complaints, I would suggest you seek medical treatment through an Ear, Nose & Throat Physician.  They will most likely also have you see an Audiologist for your hearing evaluation.

Thank you,
Rachele M. Orsini, Au.D.
hello,

Thank you for posting on this forum.  Your problem needs to be evaluated by an Ear, Nose and Throat physician rather than you self medicating.  I would advise that you seek medical attention for this problem right away.

Rachele M. Orsini, Au.D.
I ended up going to an eye doctor cause my vision started to blur, but my left eye and left nostril stopped running like a faucet lol, I haven't had a problem lately. My vision is back to normal, but every time I go swimming it seems to miss with my hearing. And after the eye doctor he told me to take antibiotics for strep throat before it developed again, and it did form and it went away. It keeps coming and going hurts to eat sometimes but I don't see white on it. Since June I probably had strep throat 3-4x's and 1 time before in life I had it, I usually don't ever get it.
Hello, How are you doing now? What kind of antibiotics do you need? Are they expensive?
Well I went to internal medicine doctor, my strep throat occurred last week I was put on nystatin for 7days, cause the amoxcillian and keflex didn't fix it. And it went away but I need to go to infectionist he said, cause my weight is dropping dramatically very underweight, and my blood is good nothing is wrong with my thyroid. So I'm waiting to make an appointment. So i say I'm better from strep throat.lol