Hearing Loss Community
hearing loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

hearing loss

Hi all,

i just came to know that i am not able to hear up from my left year in 2008 when i was just 16 year old. I took advice of an ENT doctor and he told me that he is not able to judge as since what time i am having this problem. He declared that it might be a case that i am having such problem of my hearing loss in my left year since my childhood and told me that it is a problem in my ear nerve which is not curable never in future. It will remain same. Since then i have prescribed 2-3 doctors but all have the same views. I am 23 year old now and i haven't found any improvement in my hearing in left year. I am able sound good while in group but not able to listen up particularly from left year while using headphones or while receiving a phone call from left ear. I am glad to see that u ppl are able to make improvement in your hearing. Dear all, please suggest me as what therapy or medicine or exercise i should go through which will help me in my hearing recovery ?  
Hi Tarun, my elder brother also has been confirmed with hearing loss. Yesterday we took him to a clinic in Calgary, Westside Audiology. They did some tests and confirmed it is the mixed hearing loss. He will be fitted with hearing aids soon. Between, do you use any hearing aids? They really improve your hearing ability. And I think doing yoga is really good. The different postures in yoga help provide the neck with a good workout. Try it out for some months and please let me know if there is improvement. Take care.
Hey lori thanx a lot. But when i asked the doctor that will it be beneficial if i use any kind of hearing aid for my left ear. He told me up that these hearing aids will help you up for the time being. He told me that its not a permanent solution. He suggested that better not use these hearing aids if i am comfortable with my hearing in public. And told me to do yoga which i am doing daily. He told me that these problem of ear nerves can't be operated. Do you have knowledge about it that whether it can be operated or not ?