Hearing Loss Expert Forum
im 25 whats best for my hearing loss

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

im 25 whats best for my hearing loss

Hello! I am 25 year old female whos been suffering with hearing loss since elementary school. I've never wore hearing aids before but now I'm ready to try then out... What's the best (no showing) hearing aid for someone my age?
Hi Candi87, Thank you for posting this question.  This is a great question.  There are many hearing aids that are cosmetically appealing that fit an array of hearing losses.
You will need to start by having an updated hearing evaluation.  You can find one of our providers by going to www.hearusa.com and clicking on "locate a provider"
Your Audiologist will then review your results and make recommendations that will best fit your hearing loss and that also fit your wants of having them "invisible" or cosmetically appealing.
Some of the current cosmetically appealing hearing aids are:

Siemens Pure Carat Xcel Reciver-in-canal hearing aids (RIC)
Siemens Eclipse Xcel is a deep completely in the canal aid
Siemens iMini is also a deep completely in the canal aid

There are also many "slim tube" behind-the-ear hearing aids that are comfortable and also cosmetically appealing.  Some of these are:
Siemens Life
Siemens Aquaris
Siemens Motion

So as you can tell there are many choices for cosmetically appealing hearing aids these days.

I encourage you to have your hearing evaluated and try some of these new products.  The most imporant thing about purchasing hearing aids is finding a trusted, accredited provider that is knowledgeable about the products.  HearUSA is a national organization of qualified accredited providers.  You can find a provider in your area by going to www.hearusa.com

HearUSA also offers a 60 day money back guarantee! This is a great way to try different products without "restocking fees".  

I hope this answers your question and I wish you the best of luck on your journey to better hearing!  

Rachele M. Orsini, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology