Hearing Loss Expert Forum
lose of hearing in left ear

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

lose of hearing in left ear
In 2008 I started to get bad headaches that were followed by dizziness then ringing in my left ear. I went to the ENT doctor and they said my hearing was gone and there was nothing they can do but here were are at the end of 2012 and I have ringing all the time. I struggle to hear what people are saying. What can I do about this?
Hi - have you seen a physician recently to determine if there have been any changes to your condition?  I would recommend that you have a new hearing test and evaluation of your symptoms.  Ringing (tinnitus) in the ear affects about 50 million people in the US, so you are not alone.   There are many different approaches to treatment of tinnitus and you can learn more from the American Tinnitus Association http://www.ata.org/.  
Thank u for your response and yes I have seen a physician less then a month ago and they do not know what is wrong with me or what is causing the hearing lose.