Hearing Loss Community
sudden hearing loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sudden hearing loss

My husband had a sudden hearing loss 3 months ago-woke up fine, pressure and ringing, attack of vertigo, then lost hearing in left ear. Saw an ENT and went on the steroids-also had steroid injections later. He has regained some hearing as originally was off the charts. However, it's not really useable hearing. I was just wondering if anyone who has had this experiences good days and bad as far as light-headedness.  He can go weeks feeling good and then have a dizzy day. Is this normal? Dr. said it could take months for that to subside and it has progressively gotten better. Thanks!