water pill for minners disease
what is the difference between triam/hctz 37.5-25 sandoz and triam/hctz 37.5-25 lan. my boyfriend has been taking triam/hctz 37.5-25 sandoz and did fine when they refilled his script the pills are different and are called triam/hctz 37.5-25 lan what is the difference
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the hearing loss forum! I am not sure I understand the question, but it seems like it is not about hearing loss. Maybe you could provide for information.

BC
my boyfriend couldn't hear always had ringing in the ear. The dr. put him on triam/hctz 37.5-25 sandoz to drain the fluid, it worked really good but when he got his refill they gave him triam/hctz 37.5-25 lan this time he has had every possible side effect they mentioned plus the pills look different but when i google them they say they are for the same thing. I was wondering if there was a difference in the 2 pills?
Oh, I apologize, I understand now. He has Meniere's. Sometimes diuretics help people with Meniere's Disease to control the fluid levels in the inner ears.

Currently there is a shortage of generic medications from several companies, and your boyfriend's usual brand may have been substituted with a different brand.

Although it is technically the same medication, people can have different side effects from different brands. This is true for medications in general. My sister takes metformin, and one brand gives her diarrhea, while she has no problems on another brand.

Have you talked to the pharmacist? They are usually happy to answer questions. This seems to be more or a pharmaceutical question than a hearing loss question, so it is a little outside my area of expertise. But tell your boyfriend that if he ever wants to chat or get out his frustrations about his Meniere's, that is what this forum is for.

BC