Heart Disease Community
if bad teeth cause heart disease will my heart get better when I fix m...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

if bad teeth cause heart disease will my heart get better when I fix my teeth

I have needed a root canal for a few years and in the past year I have been feeling a constant slight ache in my heart. I have been to my doctor for check ups and appear to be healthy. I would like to know if the problem is caused by my tooth, will it improve when I have my tooth fixed?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have heaerd that it is the bacteria in the mouth that is responsible for heart problems.  So i would have thought that as long as your root canal is well maintained you shouldn't have any problems.

The thought occurs to me though that you should still get your heart checked out if you are feeling symptoms.  It may not be your heart but better to be safe!

All the best
Blank
I am not an expert regarding this, but I personally developed endocarditis from a regular teeth cleaning a few years back. The bacteria from your mouth can cause endocarditis, (an infection of the heart valve).  My understanding is that if you don't take care of your teeth/gums there is higher bacterial content in your mouth that travel into your blood stream may cause heart issues.  I don't think that not getting the root canal is causing your heart issues.  You should get the heart ache checked out, to make sure everything is ok.  Good luck.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
remar commented on photo
5 hrs ago
Blank
remar commented on lboogie7729's status
Apr 17
Blank