Aa
A
A
Close
12 year old boy with syncope?
My 12 year old brother has experienced 3 episodes of syncope, 2 of them happened 3 years ago and the last happened today. He was doing fine all through this time interval. the symptoms he had in these 3 episodes in addition to fainting are dizziness, nausea and 'chest pain' (according to him... i cudn't make sure if he had a real pain or just tightness) and this concerns me the most.
What cud be the cause? HOCM? Long QT syndrome? cud it be just vasovagal attack?  

Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
187666_tn?1331176945
I know a woman with a young son who occasionally passes out. They said his was a drop in BP. Not sure what caused it but he's healthy otherwise. He has no heart problems. Has your brother seen a doctor for this? That's the first step.
Comment
Cancel
187666_tn?1331176945
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your brother should certainly be evaluated by a pediatric cardiologist. He could have an arrhythmia problem or even HCM which is more common than HOCM which is the obstructive type of HCM. It could also be a vaso response that children and teens sometimes go through which is totally harmless. Have him evaluated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
967168_tn?1343732745
I've fainted since I was 9; but didn't have a doctor take me seriously until I was 42.

Please mention a tilt table test to your parents or the dr to check and see if it's heart or ANS (Autonomic nervous system) related; plus HCM/HOCM as grendslori said should be ruled out.

Fainting can be caused by a vast number of things from things like dehydration, low blood pressure, infection to HOCM like I was diagnosed with.  
Comment
Cancel
967168_tn?1343732745
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
12 year old boy with syncope?
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
watford, United Kingdom
11548417_tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands