Heart Disease Expert Forum
2 mo with cardiomyothapy? help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

2 mo with cardiomyothapy? help!

my son is 2 mo old, i am mexican american, dad is african american so he has a darker complexion. at his 2 mo checkup the dr told me to start giving him 3oz of water with an ounce of prune juice mixed in. a couple days late he started getting a white spot on his r cheek. i continued the juice 1 time a day, and the white blotches got a little bigger. i took him back to the dr and she told me it was dry skin.and also upped his prune juice twice daily and 2oz of prune 2oz of water for his bowel movements.the spots just got worse now they are on both cheeks both earlobes ,forehead and in the crease of his chin. i took him back to the dr and she told me it was eczema.she explained that his severe cradle cap had spread to his earlobes and eyebrows/forehead causing him to get eczema causing discoloration of the skin, these are smooth patches of skin color loss. they do not connect they are spots, but very noticeable! no vitiligo on either sides of family, but from what i underestand vitiligo is caused by an auto immune disorder, i believ cardiomyothapy is one. my father died from cardiomyothapy..my son also has symptoms like gi problems, shortness of breath,poor appetie, wich i scommon in cadiomothapy in infants ( so ive been told). what do you think is wrong!
It is difficult to know what, if anything, is wrong with your child. Your are concerned that your child has an illness other than eczema. You mention vitiligo, an autoimmune disorder, or cardiomyopathy. The best course of action would be to discuss these concerns with your physician. Without getting more information, it would be difficult for me to say, and certainly not possible to do over the internet.