Aa
A
A
Close
1419211 tn?1282610788
2 year old with enlarged heart
My baby girl is 2 almost 3 and i just found out that her eKG showed a enlargment in her heart. Her doctor is referring her to a cardiologist but im really worrried. What is the seriousness in this condition and can we do anything to help her? She colapses onto the floor for no reason but then just get back up like nothing ever happened.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
187666 tn?1331176945
I'm sorry you're facing such a frightening ordeal right now. I honestly don't have any suggestions because you don't know yet what's causing the enlargement or how severe it is. Sometimes as adults the enlargement can be reversed to some degree with medications. I'm not sure with little children.

Did you know there's a pediatric cardiology forum here? I'll add the link but if it doesn't work, just click on "Forums" at the top of the page and scroll down till you find Pediatric Cardiology along the left side. I was just there and someone else posted a message about their 3 year old son having an enlarged heart. Parents there will share their experience and knowledge.

Take care.      www.medhelp.org/forums/Pediatric-Cardiology/show/302
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1419211 tn?1282610788
thank u so much. i find out this thursday wat her regular doctor thinks then as soon as they get her a cardiologist we will figure out how serious this is. thanks for your help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1419211 tn?1282610788
i am still waiting on the cardiologist to reach me for an appointment to see my daughter. very scary and frusterating.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764