Heart Disease Community
24 yr old with cardiac pain, left side chest pain??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I'm a 24 yr old male, 5ft 11inches, 215lbs, and the past year or so I've been very inactive. I've been experiencing this left side chest pain and left arm pain for about 2 yrs now. It's very localized to one spot on the left side of my chest and doesn't reproduce the pain from pressing in the area. I've seen 4 cardiologist, and 2 cardiologist nurse practioners. I had stress test, and stress echo, within 8 months ago, normal, and had echo, event monitor, egk's, and chest x-ray, normal chest CT with contrast dye, all normal. Cholesterol is 245, with tri-256, hdl-39, and ldl 156. Most the time my b/p runs 128/78 but sometimes when I'm hurting or anxious I check it at the drug store and it will be around 156/95. I've also been waking up left side chest pain and sweating. It's pretty much there all the time, the pain, like a dull ache and just intesifies at random times throughout the day. It's like a gripping, pinching like pain right in my heart, with discomfort in areas of my left arm, and my jaw (mainly on the left side, sometimes on right. It's been getting worse it seems like the past week or so, I've been waking up in the middle of the night with the pain, and cold sweats,shortness of breath,and feeling lightly nauseus, and I sit there for awhile feeling horrible and within an hour or so it kinda fades away and I'm able to fall back asleep, its been around 2-4am that it will do this. Today I have been having alot of discomfort in my left arm, around my elbow.    1. Do I need to have further testing? 2.The cardio's seem to think this is not my heart but doesn't this sound like classic angina, or heart related symptoms??? 4.Would the test's that I've had, had caught anything if there was something wrong? 5.Does this sound like pain from blockages?? 6.Does my above situation from playing volleyball yesterday indicate anything? 7. So with my age and the test's that I've had it is still possible for me to be having cardiac chest pain (angina) related to CAD, blockages???? 8. Also pain only occurs at rest and not during exercise, does this sound like unstable angina, OR would the pain with that also be present during exercise?? 9.I also have these pains pretty much everyday for the majority of the day. Its always on the left side, (arm,shoulder, jaw, hand) and the chest pain is like RIGHT over my heart, inbetween my left nipple and the center of my chest is where the chest pain is. Does this sound cardiac in nature?? Like a squeezing pain most of the time, and when that isn't present its like a dull/achy pain until the squeezing pain comes back." I also have chronic COLD hands, everyone else around me will have nice warm hands but mine will be really cold. 1.could this also be a symptom of a heart problem? poor circulation due to a blockage?? I also have weird heartbeats all the time that will wake me up and i have an uneasy feeling in my chest. 2.Can lexapro and alcohol prolong my qt interval and cause serious arrythmias? I also wake up in the morning (very infrequent) with shortness of breath and it usually lasts about 30-45 mins, and seems to go away if I get up but if I lay there it just gets worse and wont allow me to fall back asleep. 3.Also can someone develop serious ventricular arrythmias with a structrually normal heart? the pains that i experience in my left side of chest, between left nipple and center of chest, left arm, left jaw, left hand, all seems to be the same type of pain, I cannot reproduce the pain or any pain by pressing on the area, 4.so what could this indicate? 5. does that sound cardiac to you?
anyone else have this, along with palpitations upon waking with shortness of breath, (cant get enough air)????
I just read your symptoms and I have the EXACT same ones!!! I have been in and out of the ER, tons of EKGs, Stress Echocardiograms, Chest Xrays and they say my heart looks fine. Have you had any luck getting diagnosed?
Did you ever find a cure to this ?