26 yr old smoker w/ chest pain
Here is a little back ground on me-

I'm female age 26
I smoke nearly a pack a day
I seldomly drink alcohol but I drink coffee everyday
I have 30-45 min of excersive daily
i weigh 138 and my height is approx 5'3
my bp reading is always good when I go to the doctor

here's my issue. I've gone to my primary several times for this and haven't been satisfied with her lack of interest in what I'm saying. A couple times a month I get a very tight, almost twisting type feeling in my left chest. Right in my left breast area. Sometimes it's beneath the breast but it's always the left side. Other times I get a dull pain in my left arm in the bicep area and it hurts all day. My chest pain just began again about 5 minutes ago. This can last several hrs. Sometimes it's to the point where I can't walk.

I'm young and in reasonable health. But this is honestly scaring me. Sometimes it feels like the circulation has been cut off from my left arm and it just hurts..numbing pains. Can you help me by letting me know at the very least if I need to see a specialist or ask for a new primary?
c a specialist, u need to c a heart dr.
Im looking for the same advice actually.  I'm 25 (around the same age) same smoking habit (pack a day for over 10 years) and have had the same symptoms.  Pain varies but can be disabilitating on left side of my chest.  I've almost quit smoking now because of it. Basically at 2-3 cigarettes a day but the pain occurs when i smoke and it's hard to see this whole thing through.  No doubt i feel like its the sole correlation of our problem.  I received an ekg, blood pressure tests, ect and they all say i'm probably having a "Panic Attack?" or something like that.  Thats why I'm on this site. Kinda feel like i'm being ignored because I'm so young.  Maybe a specialist is the way to go.
Thanks for responding.. with similar situations I think you are probably right... we need to get our acts together and quit smoking. I know it's really hard having started in our early teens and now we're mid to late 20's and it feels impossible. My doctor told me is was stress...then she thumped on my chest and back a couple times.. felt around my arm. Complete crock if you ask me! She's a joke and so is her practice. Remember reading about that infant who had a stroke like a yr ago? Up until that point they swore young people didn't have these issues. But I think you and I may be proof that they do exist...although our problems are most likely avoidable I'd still like them to be addressed and dealt with so that I can figure out how to change my life. Best of luck to you! Email anytime.