Heart Disease Community
2D ECHO

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

2D ECHO

I have undergone 2D Echo test as a normal routine test. The test report is normal except the remark "Grade 1 LV diastolic dysfunction". I have no problem otherwise. Please advice if any action is required ?Thanks.
Probably the best way to describe diastolic dysfunction is that a  normal LV diastolic function may be clinically defined as the capacity of the left ventricle to receive a LV filling volume able in its turn to pump an  adequate stroke volume, operating at a low pressure regimen.

The cause for DD is usually due to the chamber walls are rigid and does not relax ienough to fill adequately and/or the walls and/or septum (wall dividing the heart chambers) are thickened to the degree it crowds out filling capacity.
I would consider asking your cardiologist if you have a Left Ventricular Hypertrophy or also called: Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
Just curious isn't " The cause for DD is usually due to the chamber walls are rigid and does not relax ienough to fill adequately and/or the walls and/or septum (wall dividing the heart chambers) are thickened to the degree it crowds out filling capacity" as stated in prior post be defining LVH?The cause for DD is usually due to the chamber walls are rigid and does not relax ienough to fill adequately and/or the walls and/or septum (wall dividing the heart chambers) are thickened to the degree it crowds out filling capacity.