Heart Disease Community
2d echo colour doppler report
About This Community:

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2d echo colour doppler report

dear medhelp,
about 4 months back i went for a general medical checkup for CBP,Lipid profile, Blood urea, Serum creatinine,Blood sugar,Urine examination,X ray chest PA view, 2D-Echo Doppler study and ECG.
all the reports are normal, But I have apprehension about my 2D-echo doppler study report. the reading/findings are given below:

findings:
Mitral valve: Normal;  Aortic valve: Normal;  Tricuspid valve: Normal
Pulmonary valve: Normal.
LV::
       IDD : 5.0 cms      EF: 64%      IVSD: 1.3 cms
       IDS : 2.9 cms      FS: 32%      PWD: 1.1 cms
Aorta:    2.8 cms;   Left Atrium:  2.9 cms;  LV: Normal;  Right Atrium: Normal
RV: Normal;   Pulmonary artery: Normal;   Pericardium: Normal
Others:    Trivial MR/AR;    No TR/PR

Doppler Study:         Mitral                Aortic                   Pulmonary
IAS: Intact           E/A: 98/149cm/sec;  AJV:1.8 mt/sec;  PJV:1.4 mt/sec
IVS: Intact           EDT: 202 m sec                                 PAT:102 m sec
                          IVRT: 86  m sec
Impresssion:
NO RWMA
CONCENTRIC LVH
GOOD LV/RV FUNCTION
TRIVIAL MR/AR
NORMAL SIZED CHAMBERS
NO LA/LV CLOT
NO PERICARDIAL EFFUSION

I consulted physician and he tells nothing to worry. advised me to keep my BP in check. generally my BP is 140/90. I am a non-smoker and non diabetic but take 2 drinks on every alternate day. I had fundal gastritis about 10 years back. Now I am OK. My pulse rate always between 60-75/min.
Pl. clear my following doubts and give me the remedy:
1. Is my 2d echo report OK?
2. What is concentric LVH? Is it mild, moderate or severe?Is it tolerable?
3. Should I go for medication for BP? Pl.suggest the medicine.

If it is a long querry, sorry,pl. reply,

SATYAW.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
tyhhhyh
Blank
46 year old hispanic male...Had PROMUS Element stent on LAD on 27 Jul 12. In early May I was talking to someone and all of the sudden had this ache from my throat to my stomach,felt like a stitch when you run in the sun on a hot summer day. I ignored it, but felt like crap the rest of the day. I also felt burning or throbbing in my left bicep and for the first time I was short of breath and had chest cramps and stabs of pain around my heart. These symptoms would come and go. the second week I felt tingling and numbness at my jawline and neck and shoulder pain, which scared me, but not scared enough to see a doctor. Finally the third week of May,  I felt awful, chest cramps, stabbing pains around my heart, dizziness. I couldnt do this to my wife and kids, I went to the emergency room and they told me it was GERD. I didnt believe the doc at first, he gave me so prilosec. The symptoms did make sense then. They still recommended I get a stress test. In July I got the blood work done high trig at 287, cholesteral was good, 176, HDl was 35 and .LDL was 84,. When I went to the ER CPK was 271 and now it was 231. When I did my stress test I was on the machine heading into 5 min when I mentioned I felt burning sensations in my arm. Doc told me he could see it on the EKG, he set me up with a CAT that same day, saw something he didnt like and scheduled an angiogram before the week was out. The procedure went well 90% blockage of LAD and he said I had to others with 30% blockage. I got and exoseal so within 4.5hrs, I got to go pee, instead of waiting the 6 to 8 hours. Blood pressure was nice and low and I have always had a low heart rate. When I got to pee the second time around 3 A.M. my BP was high and stayed high for three hours. I was previously on atenolol and HDZ for BP. After the procedure I also felt pain at the top of my left arm and my right arm. Since discharge I have felt slight sensations on my left bicep and also my right arm, which never ever gave me problems and some chest discomfor...no burning sensation or heaviness, but a warmness and some pinching. I am in the service so for the most part I am fit. I am not so alarmed knowing that I am not the only one. Yesterday just to make sure I was good, I went on 1.5 mile walk, took the wife, nitro and cell phone incase I dropped. I felt fine, worked up a good sweat and arm or chest pain. Today it has been quite disconcerting with random arm pain, heart pinches and even disorientation. Besides the BP med I am on aspirin, plavix, isosorbide dinitrate (gives me an awful headached) simvastain.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
Blank
skydnsr
Blank
Occupant
IL
11548417_tn?1423126466
Blank
Ger57
Netherlands
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Retta_monroe commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
3 hrs ago
363281_tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
May 06
Blank
katie2602 commented on Attention All Mouth B...
May 05
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979