Heart Disease Expert Forum
2nd degree av blockage

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

2nd degree av blockage

I am only 19 years old and I have a 2nd degree AV blockage. I also have High Blood Pressure and High cholesterol. I have one child and i'm scare that i won't be around long to take care of her and to tell her about the rights and wrongs of live. I am a single mother so i would like to be there 4her 4ever. I would like to know at what age would my 2nd degree block turn into a 3rd degree then leading to death? what can i do to stop that from happening. I feel my condition worsting everyday and i'm scared that one day i won't wake up. What can I do?
First of all, it will not lead to death, not with the technology that we have at this point in time.  It also depends on what type of type 2 block you have.  There is a benign form known as Wenchebach, or the other type called type II mobitz.  The latter is typically more severe and can progress to third degree block.  Regardless.  If you do develop third degree block a pacemaker can be put it.  It's not that you will just drop dead when it happens, if it does.  You will feel dizzzy, etc, but there will be plenty of time to get the pacemaker in you.  Hang in there.