3 blocked arteries at 100%

My cousin had a "massive" heart attack 3 days ago. He was given CPR for 20 mins by friends (which was successful) and then again by the paramedics who worked on him for a further 20 minuites to revie him. He is to have surgery in 3 days and the Dr's have said that he has 3 arteries that are 100% blocked. We have been advised that there is only 20% of blood flow to the heart as opposed to 60% and that there is limited blood flow to the brain. I am wondering if there is a survival rate % in such a case and how long someone can live for with 20 % of blood flow to the heart
What is being referred with a percentage is the amount of blood pumped with each heartbeat.  Normal is 50 to 70% and referred to as ejection fraction (EF).  Seven years ago I had had a silent heart attack that caused congested heart failure.  My EF was below 29% and that is considered heart failure range indicating the heart may not be able to pump enough oxygenated blood meet the demand.  My left ventricle was also enlarged and I have/had 100% occluded LAD vessel, another 72% blocked, and 98% blocked vessel was stented.  With medication, exercise, proper diet, etc., my heart is now back to normal size and the EF is 59%.

What is often the result of 100% occluded vessels, the cardio-vascular system develops a natural bypass of the occlusions with the opening of collateral vascularization. Obviously, your cousin has vascular system that bypasses the totalling occluded vessels otherwise there would be cardiac arrest and death.

Your cousin could have a normal span of life with therapy that may include by-pass, stenting and medication and/or in combination of the options avialable for the treatment. I wish your cousin well with the surgery going forward, and the prognosis may depend on the degree of heart cell damage from a heart attack....

Thanks for your sharing, and if you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.

Ken
.