Heart Disease Community
3 years of Chest pain

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

3 years of Chest pain

Hello medhelp, I am a 26 year old male who is 5'9 and 167 lbs. I have been experiencing life altering chest/heart symptoms for the last 3 years with no definite diagnosis. The first time the symptoms were consciously noticeable was on 6/30/08. I was smoking a cigarette when all the sudden I got this horrible crushing pain in my chest. I had always had palpitations and had never thought it was anything serious but after that day nothing in my life would ever be the same. The pain frightened me but my mother assured me that I was not having a heart attack (myocardial infarction) at the time. However, the pain went down in intensity but has not stopped afflicting me sense then. Shortly after that day I went to the doctor and had an EKG and an echocardiogram done, both of the tests were clean but the pain continued. Throughout the following the months I went to the ER on several occasions and had different test performed. None of the tests came back positive or showed any indication of anything being wrong. I had several EKG's, blood tests (metabolic panel), tilt table test, a Chest CT scan, and a holter monitor. I also had my thyroid checked. In march of this year I was staying with my girlfriend and she took me to a clinic where a doctor there said I definitely had 2 heart murmurs...1 systolic and 1 diastolic. He then pressured me into getting shots (because I informed him that I would vomit due to the chest pain) for nausea. I asked him about an echocardiogram to diagnose the murmurs instead of just pumping me full of useless meds. He became frustrated and I left there and went to the hospital to have them order an echo. The doctor that examined me there said I had no audible murmurs and didn't order an echo. Out of frustration I have not returned to the doctor but the chest pain and other symptoms such as lightheadedness, weakness, fatigue, and body aches continue to get worse. Please help...Thank you.