Heart Disease Community
3 years of chronic chest pain

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

3 years of chronic chest pain

I’m a 29 year old male that has experienced constant chest pain for the previous 3 years. The pain can range from dull to intense with no apparent cause or reason. The pain is located basically at my heart and it feels internal to my ribcage. I’ve been to multiple doctors, specialist etc. with no help. I’ve had blood work, multiple EKG’s, a CT scan with contrast of my chest, stress test, electrocardiogram, multiple chest X-rays, oxygen level test, and a endoscope. I’ve been cleared (and told I was in good health) by 2 ER doctors, my family doctor, my GI doctors, and my cardiologist. They all diagnosed me with stress. I do sometimes feel stress and sometimes I even feel like I’m having a panic attack but it seems to come on without a discernable cause. (For example sometime bad will happen and I will have bad chest pain 4 days later.) The only thing that seems to help the pain is to stay very active both mentally and physically to keep my mind off of the pain. Working out vigorously seems to help. In order to treat the possible anxiety issues I’ve tried martazipine, lexapro, prestiq, lorazepam, and wellbutrin – none of which seem to help. In order to fight possible acid reflux – I’ve tried zantac, carofate, prevacid and kapidex. – none of which seem to help. I’ve taken anti-inflammatory medicine and rest in case the pain was caused by costochondritis or tietze syndrome. I’ve seen chiropractors to see if the pain was due to back trouble. The thorasic region of my back is in bad shape and I do have constant pain in my upper back to go along with the chest pain. Out of desperation I tried all of the remedies in the Natural Cures book including dietary changes, apple cider vinegar, no caffeine, only organic foods etc.– no help. I’ve used stress CD’s, candles etc. – no help. I’ve even tried prayer and holy water. If anyone can provide advice that could help me, I would be eternally grateful.
Have you ever been checked out for Lyme Disease?
Here's a doc with a good overview and symptom lisy.
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf