Heart Disease Community
50-69% Stenosis of Left side internal carotid artery and ct scan of sof...

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

50-69% Stenosis of Left side internal carotid artery and ct scan of soft tissue of neck

I had 2 tests last week after complaining of severe chest pains and pain under my jawbone and neck region for pat 2 years that has got worse. So 2 tests were set up for me. One was a CT scan w/contrast of my soft tissue in the front of my neck. The 2nd test was a Doppler ultrasound of my carotid's. Here are the results:
1)The CT scan results say that abnormal soft tissue mass or focal abnormality were seen and bilateral small sub 1 cm lymphadenopathy is seen predominately in the upper cervical area and lower occipital area plus it said there was a moderate amount of these on both sides but it appears to be nonspecific in nature even though there was a moderate amount of these.
2)The ultrasound of the carotid impression says: I am somewhat concerned about the findings. The color flow pattern shows suggestion of plaque and the peak systolic flow on the left side suggests a 50-69% stenosis yet there is laminar flow. It also said that the left carotid bifurcation between the wall of the artery and appearance of color flow is a significant space and they wonder if it could represent anechoic plaque formation and it says the peak flow in the let carotid artery is 133 cm per second and the right side is 104cm per second. In the impression it also suggests they do a MRA of the carotids to evaluate more specifically.
I would like to know if anyone has undergone any of these tests or diagnosis and to get further help with this. Thanks