90% blockage
Hi everyone. I had a recent heart attack and after an angiogram was done they found a 30% blockage in my LAD and a 90% blockage in the first diagonal.. Both attending drs agreed it was best to leave it and treat me with meds.  I just don't understand why. Their answer was it was the best option, but now I'm left feeling like a ticking time bomb scared and completely lost. Anyone else have this condition? How are you dealing with it? What's our prognosis?
Speak to your Doctors about Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, abbreviated as EDTA
WHAT? It amazes me that people make such claims, but isn't it very odd that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council, the California Medical Association, the American Medical Association, the Centers for Disease Control, the American Heart Association, the American College of Physicians, the American Academy of Family Practice, the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology Therapeutics, the American College of Cardiology, and the American Osteopathic Association, can find absolutely no evidence to support such treatments. There have been many trials on these treatments, but not one has shown a single benefit. What some research has shown is that it makes iron more reactant, oxidising far quicker and producing more free radicals than would normally be present, causing a lot more arterial damage. So, I have given a list of all the expert bodies who have looked at this with the conclusion of it being useless, can you therefore please explain why you think it works and what evidence you have to back that up?
I am confused about something which I think needs to be cleared up first. You say you had a heart attack, and they found two restrictions. One is 30% and one is 90%. So what caused the heart attack? where was the blockage that caused it and did they stent it?
Chelation therapy using EDTA has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration!!
The NHLBI's actual statement;

>>>>Between 2002 and 2007, use of chelation therapy grew by nearly 68 percent to 111,000 people -- despite there being no evidence as to its safety or efficacy. Given that so many people are trying chelation therapy, it was imperative that a large-scale and very rigorous study be undertaken. The NHLBI is proud to have helped fund such a project.

Preliminary results, which will be released during the American Heart Association’s 2012 Scientific Sessions, found that a chelation regimen is safe in the context of a clinical trial and suggest that there may be benefits in some patients with coronary heart disease. However, further research is needed, including replication of the results and research to determine whether the intervention can be safely and reliably delivered in a general practice setting, before chelation can be considered as a potential mainstream treatment option.<<<<<<<

They will not take a position yet, it has been approved but not proven to be effective.
Chelation was thought of in the 50's. If it was effective I would have thought it would have proved itself by now.
I'm not sure of your concision Ed...as posted the Lad has a 30% blockage this is considered low risk and the 90% is in the first diagonal. With out any noticeable damage to the heart they cannot determine where the attack was. EKG is normal it was my symptoms and elevated blood work that determined it was a heart attack. While I appreciate everyone's response I was hoping to find others with a similar condition here. Knowing others are walking around with exsist ting blockages and doing ok would put my mind at ease. I am somewhat OCD and have read every article on all the oboe statements but a debate was not my intention. I will however suggest a book released earlier this year called Heart 411. I think all would benefit from reading this book as it addresses al comments above by the two top doctors at the Cleveland clinic
I think you must have had a clot which fortunately dissolved. Probably with blood thinners. With regards to your current condition, it is impossible to comment on your prognosis. I know this is frustrating and I know it isn't what you want to hear, but it's fact. Every patient is different and requires different measures. You are likely on the best medication now which will lower the risk of further attacks, and another key factor is to take notice of your symptoms. If you feel anything the slightest bit odd, visit the Doctor. Lifestyle changes especially with diet will help tremendously. I was in a similar situation in 2007. I had a blocked LAD, blocked Left Circumflex and my Right artery was blocked. Yes I should have died, but some people open up existing vessels called collaterals, and they give a feed. I was one of the lucky ones. I had a triple bypass which lasted 3 months, and have had 10 stents since then in total. I have no more disease showing thank goodness, but I am strict with what goes into my stomach. I have no idea about my future, nobody does, and I really don't think about it anymore. I used to worry myself sick and I would need more stents. I just came to terms with it and since then I've needed no more stents. Stress is a big contributor to heart disease. I did have some odd symptoms a few months back, which felt like a minor heart attack. Turned out I had an inflamed esophagus, but it's always worth getting checked out. I personally think if you make some lifestyle changes, you will find that the disease will stop in its tracks. Existing disease is unlikely to go away, but you don't want it getting worse. It does seem odd, but since I accepted my condition and stopped worrying about it, everything has been fine. So I can't help wonder if most of it is fear and stress. I see myself as one of the lucky ones, knowing what I have inside and how to handle it. Millions of others are walking time bombs not knowing anything.
Thanks Ed I think your right. I need to just go with it and whatever will be will be. There's no doubt my stress and anxiety is causing me unneeded trouble..
I had a similar situation as you have, but keep in mind, I had eight stents inserted before the blockage to the first diagonal of the LAD was discovered.  Also, I had a branch blockage on the RCA , and was experiencing daily angina.  The branch blockage of the first diagonal was in what was called the ostial position.  An attempt to use angioplasty or a stent would mean either the blockage material would be pushed into the LAD or a stent used to open the branch artery would stick out into the LAD and collect more crud.  I was assured as I think you are that if the first diagonal were to close, you would survive it, but there would be damage to your heart.
In my case, given that my heart is already weakened, I pushed for and received triple bypass surgery, and I can assure you, the discomfort of recovery from the procedure trumps daily angina and problems with exercise.  
I hope the drugs work, but if angina continues I'd certainly push for bypass surgery.
Regarding Chelation, I had two brother in laws that went that route.  Both are six feet under, and a law suit is involved with one family.  I used conventional medicine and procedures, and I'm still on the sunny side of the planet.