A_FIB triggers
I know this is prolly too much of a broad question  as everyone is different ,but  having been diagnosed  with   a-fib after I had an atttack in March ,no other symptoms  for the rapid  hear rate , put on  toprol xl  25 mg.good for  7 mos . and another issue last week , still no other symptons  but the heart  flutter  and rate  from 50  to   160 ... Put on digoxin and  it seemed to put me in a  normal mode in a few hours .. I would like to know of other' s who  also have this and what they believe  caused  the heart to suddenly go A-Fib?/// i blamed sleeping on left   side ?   told  it's not  possible  .before the 2 nd  episode i ws on  coumadin and toprol 25 ... after  that episode  added   digoxin and upped  the toprol ...anyway any answer's  would be welcome  

...

.

.

Your Comment:

Message exceeded the 8000 character limit  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For emergency, please see your doctor or call 911.

MedHelp.org subscribes to the HONCode principles of the Health On the Net Foundation. Verify here ...   Site Map  About Us  Contact Us  Advertising  Terms of Use  Privacy  Whats New  En español  Report AbuseInformation contained within this site is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your physician or other health provider for any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. By using this site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
Copyright © 1993-2007 Med Help. All rights reserved.

10/28/07
va_tony    Thanks so much for the input ... having been just diagnosed in march  a-fib  and Meds for  B.P, in feb. ( 140 over 78 ) I was certainly perplexed . Just so glad to know of another A_FIB ally is so comforting ...thanks  again for the time to post an answer , i was on coumadin ,Benezepril ,and  toprol  25 .. NOW   added  Digoxin and upped  the toprol to  50 mg .added  after  the second episode last  week
have a great  day Tony

To:

Your Comment:

Caffeine is a common trigger for a-fib.  Alcohol was also on the list as a trigger, but when I questioned my doctor a little further, he indicated that excessive consumption was the problem.