AIORTIC INSUFFCIENCY
Hello, new to this forum because I've just been diagnosed with AI. The cardiologist told me it was mild, and that I shouldn't worry too much and just get an echo every year or so. I do have many symptoms, but I'm also in menopause, have Hepatitis C, and am a 54 year old woman.

What I'd like to know is that can you have symptoms from the heart disease, even if it's very mild? Or is all my fatigue and weakness attributable to these other etiologies? My cardiologist was very busy, and I kind of got the rush out of there, before I could ask very many questions. I have been reading on the net (sometimes a dangerous pursuit for the psyche, because, of course, it's not individualized info) and I get the feeling that you only get symptoms of this disease if you have this in a more advanced disease state. Thanks for any replies or experience in this.
Hi. If your AI is mild please relax. You can do lots of thing about your symptoms. First, You may be sure about your symptoms belong to your AI or your menopause. They probably relate your menopause. Coz While menopause, a lot of women have these symtomps. shortness of breath, high heart rate, sweating, nervousness, also anxiety.. and all these symptoms occurs at the beginning of menopause. but about your AI; please keep your blood pressure down,(115/75 mmHg), take antibiotics prophylaxis(amoxicilin) before a bleeding operation(especially dental ones) and ask your cardiologist before all of them. and I advise you take pencilin injection ones a month( especially in winter). Besides, keep your vascular healt. because with menopause, oestrogen level goes down and this hormon protects your heart and vascular healt. Maybe you should take antioxidants. For now, I give these expriences. But I know not enough for you. I can answer your specific questions if you ask. don't forget smile
thanks so much for answering me. the reason I want to know if you can get symptoms from mild AI is - I have another 2 conditions hep c, (which could be making my menopause worse cause it involves the liver) and I'd like to know if these symptoms would leave me if I cleared the hep c. If I do have symptoms being aggravated, or rising from the AI, then I could be more realistic about eradicating all my symptoms, and I like to be in reality about things.

------A doc told me yesterday that if my AI is very mild, little, or mostly likely, none of my symptoms are arising from my AI. ----------

But you know, it feels like it? I mean, how would I know for sure anyway, I know, but I get so fatigued if I go up some stairs, I can't walk much, I feel weakness, etc...more then the usual patient I speak to with Hepatitis C. Anyway, I really want to thank you for your info. It seems to me that patients sometimes know more about symptoms from diseases, because they are the ones experiencing them. Docs seem to know more about disease markers, process, mechanisms, etc....

Do you have very mild AI?

Do you have symptoms arising from just this?

course, you don't have to answer this, only if you want to.

Also, the American Heart ***, on it's website, says it's no longer recommending that AI patients take anti-biotics before dental procedures. Wonder why? Anyway, I know, too much info, but if you could tell me your take on all this, I'd be really grateful, even any of it. Be well, and thanks for your generosity.
Oh, forgot, my bp is always normal, I do eat very healthy, veggies, fruits, nuts, hardly any junk food, I'm not taking estrogen, because it seems to cause so much water retention for me. I do eat anti-oxidants. thanks soooooo much!
First, tell me about your hepatitis? Which treatment do you get? Interferon? And I am a doc. I want to be a Cardiologist.And I have mild AI. I have 1-2 symptoms. For examle I have head beats at the sametime with my heart beats only when my bp is high. And sometimes atypical angina on my chest and shoulder. But probably the is my reflux. Anyway I don't have another symptoms. But I take all prophylaxis that I advised to you. But I did not really read the text about antibiotics on AHA. But I am giong to look for it for us. I think, all of your symptoms are about your Hepatitis C (maybe your treatment: Because Hep.C's treatment is very hard and tiresome, especially with interferon. With not current, I don't remember alternative treatment for Hepatitis C. ) and your menopause. Finally, We should not say any psychiatric diagnose before all organic disease are externalized as docs. Relax and think about you sweety. If my answers are not enough for you please write back. Thanks a lot. Care yourself.
(Correction!) 'But probably the "reason" is my reflux.'