Abdmoninal Bruit
Hi.   My wife is 26 and generally healthy.  She just went for a physical and the doctor heard an abdominal bruit.  The doctor is a cardiologist and said that she is not concerned given my wife's age but ordered an ultrasound just to be sure.  A couple of years ago, my wife noticed that he stomach pulsed up and down when she put the remote control on her belly.  She started noticing this again recently after she lost weight.  

I am a very nervous person  (servere anxiety disorder) and im away on business right now so I feel extra-helpless.  I would appreciate any input on my wife's situation.  If, as the doctor expects, it is nothing, why would my wife have this bruit?  If it is something...what are the likely culprits?  
I've always had an obvious pulse in my abdomen whether I was skinny (in my 20's) or 30 lbs heavier (now in my 50's). A couple years ago my doctor was wondering why it was so loud and insisted I have an ultrasound. It turned out just fine. So it's possible to have a noisy artery without a problem But it's always a good idea to have the ultrasound just for peace of mind.
Thanks for the reassuring personal story!